Badam Halwa

Wishing You All a Very Very Happy New Year! An authentic Traditional Indian sweet for this new year!!!.


No ones Indian sweet archive will not be completed without badham halwa. Each one have there own recipe for this sweet. I am following this recipes for years. I learnt this from my Aunt when I was in my collage. So from that time many of my friends have aroreded this and wanted more of it each time. So my recipe goes like this.



Ingredients :

Whole Almonds - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 ½ cup
Ghee - ½ cup
Saffron - 2 heavy pinches
Cardamom powder - ½ teaspoon
Milk - just to grind the almonds

Procedure : 


Soak the almonds for 5 to 6 hours. It should be easy to peal the skin off. Peel the skin and grind the almonds to a paste using some milk. Do not make is too watery.
In a pan add the ground mixture and start cooking it in a medium flame.

Slowly start adding the ghee. Add the half amount of ghee. When the halwa absorbs all the ghee, add the rest of the ghee, saffron and cardamom powder and mix well.

When the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan remove from fire and let it cool or enjoy when still warm.

Note:I love my almond mixture to be in a coarse texture. If you want it can be made to a very fine paste also.


You may also like my:

   kalakand          Sheerannam          Carrot Halwa          Arisi Payasam


   Double Ka Meetha         Pal Kozhukattai         Coconut kozhukattai         Tapioca Puttu


   Anjeer Halwa
         

10 comments:

  1. Yummy Halwa its very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, wat a rich looking halwa,feel like having some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW mouth-drooling halwa!!!

    http://vegetarianmedley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMmm...That looks very yum! One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halwa looks delicious. Thanx for sharing. I am announcing Valentines Special – my 1st blog event and a Giveaway.!. Please do be a part of it and send in your recipes..! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u friends for ur comments

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAlwa looks perfect & nice clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halwa looks perfect & nice clicks..

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online