Pineapple is an wonderful fruit, which is famous for its vibrant colour and flavor. I have made "pineapple wonder". It is an pineapple cake with Pineapple Glaze on the top. So basically it is an double pineapple cake. This is my family's favorite cake.
My first contribution to AFAM event! "PINEAPPLE" this month fruit.
All-purpose flour (Maida) - 1 ½ cups
Superfine sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking soda - ½ teaspoon
Unsalted butter - 1 ½ sticks
Large eggs - 2
Crushed pineapple – 1 cup (I have used 28 ounce can pineapple)
Sour cream - 2/3 cup
Salt – ¼ teaspoon
2 (each 8-inch diameter) layer round cake pan, buttered.
(I have used a pineapple shaped mould.)
Unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon
Powdered sugar - 1 cups
Pineapple juice - 2 tablespoon (more or less will be needed according to the thickness of the glaze)
Cream cheese – 3 ounce
Food colour (optional) – 4 drops (I have used yellow and green)
Colour sugar (optional) (I have used multi colour sugar)
1. Take everything out of the refrigerator so that all ingredients can come room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the pineapple into small cubs.
3. Sieve all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Keep in a separate bowl.
4. Cream the sugar and butter in a separate bowl. After the butter and sugar becomes light and fluffy, add eggs, sour cream. (wet ingredients) Mix well.
5. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until both are mixed together. Do not over mix after adding the dry ingredients.
6. Fold in the cubed pineapple into to the batter.
7. Divide the batter in both of the buttered pans (I have used pineapple shape moulds).
8. Now bake it for 25mins or until the cake tester comes out clean in 350 degree.
9. After it bakes, take the cake out the oven, let it cool and removes it from the cake pan or mold.
10. Don’t worry about any cracks as they will easily be covered by the frosting later.
1. Sieve the powder sugar and add all other ingredients expect the food colour.
2. The glaze must be in correct consistency. It must not be either very thin or very thick. If it is very thick add little pineapple juice, if it is very thin add more powder sugar.
3. Now add the desired colour to the glaze. (I have taken 1/4 of the glaze and added green colour and yellow to the remaining glaze).
4. Now drizzle the glaze on the cake and then transfer it to the plate.
5. Sprinkle the colour sugar.
Handy Tips :
1. Oven temperature may vary according to the brands. So the baking timings may vary from 25 to 30 mins.
2. After the glazing is done, we may decorate it with sugared flower candies or with colour sugar crystals.