Basically Napoleons is a creamy desserts assembled in stack alternating with fruits, crunchy shell and cream. It is a French dessert. They are absolutely delicious and so satisfying. You can prepare this dessert individually or as one large rectangular pastry. It is one of the richest desserts which I ever had.
Normally I make napoleons with berry mixture or only with raspberries. This time I thought why I don’t try with jack fruit. And guess wat? It turned out amazing. It was so delicious and of cores a different dessert too. My husband and I enjoyed it a lot.
The crunchy shell part, traditionally chefs use puff pastry or some other pastry dough. But I have used wonton warps, I leaned this trick form the food network channel. But initially I used to make this with puff pastry but now we like this wonton warp. They are very light and crunchier. We can deep fry the wonton or bake it in the oven. To be little diet conscious I baked it in the oven rather than deep frying it.
For the jack fruit syrup, I mix the jack fruit flavored water in the can with some corn starch and food colour and bring it up to boil and then make it cool.
Jack fruit – 5 pieces
Sugar – 2 teaspoon
Wonton warps – 10 sheets
Fresh whipped cream – 1 cup
For the Syrup :
Jack fruit water in can – ½ cup
Corn starch – 1 teaspoon
Food colour – 2 drops
Preheat the oven to 350 degree
1. Place the wonton warps on a sheet.
2. Sprinkle them with sugar and pop them into the oven for 10 mins. They will become golden brown or completely cooked.
3. Let them cool completely.
4. In the mean while mix all the ingredients for syrup and bring it to boil in a sauce pan for 2 mins or until it is thick enough to drizzle. Let it to cool.
5. All the ingredients must be cool while assembling the dessert.
6. Now cut the jack fruit to any desired shape, I have cut them into strips(Julian).
7. On a plate first place one baked wonton warp and dollop a tablespoon of cream, them top it with the jack fruit and then again with wonton wrap and repeat the same thing for 2 or 3 times.
8. Finally top it with a dollop of fresh cream and it can be dusted with powder sugar or topped with a Cherri and a drizzle of jack fruit syrup.