Eggplant Parmesan

Eggplant Parmesan is one of my favorite vegetarian Italian dish. A couple of months back I had this in an Italian restaurant and form that time it became my favorite dish.





Once my friend's family came for dinner and I was thinking about some nice vegetarian dish, many were running in my mind and finally I ended up with EGGPLANT PARMESAN. That was the first time I made this dish and GUESS WAT?....It hit the spot....It tasted amazing...Every one enjoyed it. From that time it became one of the party time food.

I dredge the eggplant slices in Italian style bread crumbs and then pan fry it until cooked. In the meanwhile I simmer the marinara sauce until it becomes thick as a paste. Then I slather the thickened sauce over each fried eggplant and top it with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese and bake it until the cheeses melts.

So this is my way of cooking eggplant Parmesan. This is my contribution to JFI for Eggplant. Sangeeta from Ghar Ka Khana
is the host for this months event.....All the best Sangeeta!...



Ingredients :



Large Eggplant - 1
Italian style bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
Red pepper flakes - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1
Garlic pods - 3
Salt and Pepper
Marinara sauce - 2 cups(Recipe follows)
Shredded mozzarella cheese - 1/4 cup
Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup
Extra virgin Olive Oil


Procedure :



1. Slice the eggplant horizontally or vertically. (This time I did length wise).

2. Mix the bread crumbs and red pepper flakes together.


3. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper on both the sides and dredge them in the bread crumb mixture.






4. Drizzle oil on a frying pan add the eggplant and roast it until golden brown or well cooked.



5. Remove it to a sheet pan.

6. In the mean while heat oil in a sauce pan and add garlic and onion and saute it for 2 mins and then add the marinara sauce and simmer it until the sauce becomes thick paste.



7. Now slather the sauce on the roasted eggplant and top them with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.

8. Now preheat the oven to 350 and bake the prepared eggplant for 15 mins or until the cheese is melt.

9. I serve them with garlic flavored roasted vegetables.

Marinara sauce


Ingredients :


Extra-virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup
Onions finely chopped - 2 small
Garlic cloves, finely chopped - 4
Celery, finely chopped - 2 stalks
Carrots, peeled and finely chopped - 2
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
Crushed can tomatoes – 2 (32 ounce)
Dried bay leaves – 2

Procedure :


1. In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.

2. Add the celery, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.

3. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour.

4. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.)

19 comments:

  1. This is a great vegetarian main dish. Yours looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yum! breaded dishes do taste so crispy & yum, you have plated it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a g8 way to enjoy eggplant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband's favourite.. when ever we go to an Italian restaurant he orders this. But I have never tried at home.. thought it was difficult and time consuming to amke it. Ur recipe sounds good to me and I have book marked it. thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
    Lemon cookies and spicy carrot cup cakes are very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum looks delicious! need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dish looks nice,i have never tasted it.Thanx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi friends:
    Cynthia:
    Thank u.

    Richa:
    Thank u.

    Dhana:
    Ya it a great way to eat eggplant..

    Prema Sundar:
    Do try it and let me know....Thank u..

    Roopa:
    Thank u..

    Archana:
    Do try it....It tastes great.. Thank u...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dish, good enough to be a vegetarian main. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sukanya,looks gorgeous and yummy! I love the dish.I am still out of town,see you next week:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely looking eggplants.this is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!
    suganya ,ur dish looks so attractive and tempting,i will shop all the ingredients this weekend and very eager to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi friend.
    Mallika:
    Thank u for ur comments.

    Asha:
    Have a nice time....Thank u so much for ur comments....

    Swapna Susarla:
    Thank u.

    Priar's:
    Do try it and let me know. Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey sukanya ..this is excellent one ...i have never tried this one ..will surely try it ...excellent pics and step by step explanation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sukanya!
    This is a very nice recipe!! it looks different!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot Deepa and Ushaprashanth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for posting the recipe. I have been dying to make this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hii this is one of my favorite dishes.I tried eggplant parmesan sub in an italian restuarant.It was very good.U have a cool blog here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi
    Priyanka:
    Do try it and let me know.....I am sure u will like it....Thank u...

    Kalpana:
    Welcome to my blog....Thanks for ur comments...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sukanya,

    That's so delicious. I will give it a try for sure tomm. Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online