Hi.. every one.......
Tomato is one of the significant fruit used for cooking. They are very famous for the vibrant colour. Tomatoes come in different forms for the purpose of cooking, such as canned tomato, tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato puree, tomato juice, sun-dried tomato and many more like this.
Out of these i have choose sun-dried tomato for this event, Jihva for Tomatoes. I have made Mini Sun-dried Tomato Muffin. Commonly muffins are made as sweet goodies. But they taste great as savory dish also. They are very easy and delicious tea time snacks.
Some of my views about tomato is .......
All-purpose flour – 2 cups + 1 tablespoon
Baking power – 2 ½ teaspoon
Egg – 1
Butter – ¼ cup
Sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) – ½ cup chopped
Jalapeno – 1 Diced and seeded
Dried basil – 1 teaspoon
Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
Milk – 1 cup
Sour cream – ¼ cup
Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Pepper – 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder, dried basil, salt and pepper in large bowl.
3. Mix butter, sour cream, egg and milk.
4. In the mean while cube the sun dried tomatoes and jalapeno and dust it with 1 tablespoon of flour so that they will not sink into the batter. Avoid sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil as they can change the colour of the muffin.
5. Now mix the flour mixture to the butter, sour cream, egg and milk and mix until combined. Do not over work the batter as it will result in tough muffin.
6. Line the muffin cups with muffin paper.
7. Now fold in the sun-dried tomatoes and jalapenos and Parmesan cheese to the batter.
8. Now divide the batter in to the muffin cups evenly.
9. Bake for 12 to 15 mins or till the cake tester come out clean.
10. Remove and serve when it is still hot.
Handy Tips :
The batter can be prepared a head at time. But do not mix the sun-dried tomatoes. Mix it while baking.