The trifle which I have made contains cubes of pound cake and top it with strawberry sauce and then I dollop fresh whipped cream and line them with fresh strawberry. Some times I even add a layer of strawberry jelly. Then I refrigerate them for a couple of hours and then while serving I used top it off with some whipped cream and sliced strawberry.
Basically trifle is a creamy dessert. It is a layer on layer assembling dessert. I always make my own whipping cream and strawberry, but sometimes I use a store bought one. The trifle in these pictures has my home made whipping cream and strawberry sauce. It is simple and a decadent dessert apt for all occasions.
As I mentioned above trifle is an assembling dessert, they can be done in a big container or in small container. If there is a large crowd for my party I used to do in a big trifle container or if I have only a couple of guests then I would make individual trifle for each one.
So Strawberry Trifle is my first contibution to Nandita's WBB#11 Summer Fruits.
Fresh Strawberry sliced – ½ cup
Pound cake – 1 loaf (I used store bought pound cake)
Fresh whipped cream – 1 cup (recipe follows)
Strawberry sauce – ½ cup (re follows)
1. Cut the pound cake in cubes. They can be rustic.
2. In an individual wide glass, arrange the cake cubes first.
3. Drizzle the strawberry sauce generously.
4. Dollop the fresh cream over the strawberry sauce.
5. Then arrange fresh strawberry over the fresh cream.
6. Now again arrange the cake cubes over the strawberry and continue the above steps until the glass is filled.
7. Cover the glasses with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until chilled or until it is served.
8. Before serving garnish it with whipped cream and little sauce.
Fresh Whipped Cream
Heavy whipping cream – ½ cup
Sugar – 2 tablespoon
1. Take a shallow and big bowl. Keep the heavy whipping cream in fridge until used. It must be cold.
2. Pour the cream to a bowl and whip it in the electric hand mixer or use a whisk. Add sugar when the cream starts to form.
3. Whip the cream until a stiff peak is formed. That is, it should be in the consistency of a soft ice-cream.
Fresh strawberry – 1 cup
Sugar – ¼ cup
Water – ½ cup
Corn starch – 1 tablespoon
Lime juice – 1 teaspoon
1. Puree the strawberry in the blender with sugar and water.
2. Pour the puree in a sauce pan and add the cornstarch and bring it to boil.
3. After the sauce is thick enough. Switch off the burner and stir in the butter and lime juice.