I have used vegetables like coloured bell peppers, onions and carrots etc. Any combination of vegetables can be used (what ever is in the refrigerator). For extra richness and gooeyness I also add shredded cheese. This can be avoided also. It is a perfect side dish.
So Roasted vegetables
is my contribution for to Nupar's A to Z of Indian Vegetables event for "R".
Carrots – 2
Red bell pepper – 1
Green bell pepper – 1
Orange bell pepper – 1
Zucchini – 1
Celery – 3 stalks
Cauliflower – 10 florets
Red onion – 1
White onion – 1
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper – 2 teaspoon
Olive oil – ¼ cup
Shredded mozzarella cheese – 2 tablespoon
Shredded cheddar cheese – 2 tablespoon
Preheat the oven to 400 degree
1. Cut all the vegetables almost in the same size.
2. Place it in the large casserole dish.
3. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Now pop in the oven and roast it for 45mins or until all the vegetables is soft and cooked.
5. Now remove and it can be served as it is or transfer it to a small baking dish or to individual baking dishes.
6. Mix the mozzarella and cheddar cheese and sprinkle on the top and pop it in the oven for 10 mins or until the cheese is melted.