Ice cream sandwich is the best dessert for all parties, no matter for a big crowd or for a romantic dinner for two......It is the best.
Many flavors combination can be used to form a ice cream sandwich. I have made a chocolate and strawberry combination. I Love both the flavors a lot individually and both combined together.
I mix two types of chocolate chip and for some crunch, I also add some toasted almonds to my cookies and bake them. And then I scope strawberry ice cream in small ball and sandwich them in between the cookies. For some extra strawberry flavor I drizzle the sandwich with some store bought strawberry syrup.
So Ice Cream Sandwich is my contribution for this months Monthly Mingle hosted by Meeta of What's For Lunch, Honey?…. for her very cool theme of this month "Scream For Ice Cream"
Strawberry ice cream - 1 cup
Chocolate chip cookie - 10 (recipe follows)
Strawberry syrup - 1 cup(I used store bought one)
For chocolate chip cookie:
Unsalted butter - 1 cup (2 sticks)
Granulated white sugar - 3/4 cup
Firmly packed light brown sugar - 3/4 cup
All-purpose flour - 3 cups
Large eggs - 2
Vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Chocolate chips - 1 cup (I have used semi sweet and butterscotch)
Toasted Almonds chopped - 1 cup
Old Fashioned Oats - 1 cup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
1. In the bowl cream the butter.
2. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated.
6. Add the chocolate chips and nuts and mix.
7. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
8. For large cookies, use about a 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop or with two spoons, drop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake about 12 - 14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
9. Cool completely on wire rack.
10. For the sandwich: Scope small ball for ice cream and place them in between 2 cookies and press slightly and return then into the freezer
11. While serving drizzle them with strawberry syrup.