Once again the inspiration of these cucumber petites is a recipe from one of the food network show of Sandra Lee’s. I have given my own twist to it. The recipe called for smoked salmon, I have replaced it with roasted red peppers and also some herbs of my choice. This tasted very good. It had a very cool effect and so refreshing. The crispiness from the cucumber and the creaminess form the cream cheese balanced so well. And the coolest thing is that, this is the first time I made this appetizer and it became our favorite right away.
I love making appetizers and snacks than making main dishes. How abt u people? I think its lot of fun making them. I was delighted to see the theme of this month ‘s Monthly Mingle - Appetizers & Hors'Doeuvres ... So another entry of appetizer to Monthly mingle.
Cucumber Slices – 1
Cream Cheese – 8 ounce / 1 packet
Ranch Dressing – 2 tablespoon
Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
Jared Roasted Red pepper – 1
1. Slice the cucumber into circles and using a melon baller scoop out the seed not going very deep to make a hole on the other side.
2. Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. Now mix the cream cheese and ranch dressing and make it a fine paste.
3. Now add the salt, oregano and mix. Cover it with the plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 15 minutes, to make it set.
4. In the mean while drain one big roasted red pepper form the jar and pat it dry with the paper towel. Then dice it in to small cubes (It should be well dried).
5. Now remove the mixture form the fridge and mix in the diced red pepper and mix it slowly. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and pipe out like a swirl on the cucumber