Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze

I love eating cookies all time a day.....So I always make a cookies very often...I never leave my cookie box empty....

Each time I used to bake different type of cookie..I love baking cookies.....But after I started my blog, I am spending most of my free time in blogging and now a days my cookie tins are empty..... They were calling me for a refill since a long time.....Its time now!....




Marta of An Italian in the US is conducting a food blog event 'Fresh produce of the month' and this month's fruit is LEMON..... so I have decided to fill in my cookie tin with lemon cookies...

This Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze is a simple sugar cookie with lemon rind in it and then to make them more lemony they get a coating of lemon glaze. And then I make a simple decoration with some colored sugar....... For more of my decorated cookie click HERE....
.......





Ingredients :



Cookies:

All purpose flour - 3 cups
Butter - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 2 teaspoon
Egg - 1
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
Lemon Zest - 2 tablespoon

Lemon Glaze:

Powder sugar - 1 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Light corn syrup - 1 tablespoon
Lemon yellow color - Few drops


Procedure :


Preheat oven to 350°F.

1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a electric mixer.

2. Beat in egg, vanilla and lemon zest.

3. Sift baking powder with flour.

4. Add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.

5. The dough will be very stiff, Blend in the last cup of the flour by hand.

6. Now roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut it into desired shape using a cookie cutter.

7. Place it on a cookie sheet and bake it for 20 mins to until light golden brown colour.



8. Cool the cookie completely and then glaze the cookie.

9. For the glaze: Stir all the ingredients together until smooth and then slather it on the top of cookie.

21 comments:

  1. That looks neat!! :) nice work Sukanya. :) Its really a very neat work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sukanya! This is SO neat!! Thank you so much for participating to the event. I'd really love to try one of your cookies! I'll try to bake them, but I'm not sure I can make them so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowww..they look so pretty...must taste yum too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really are yummy, Sukanya! I love the taste of Lemon in cookies including Lemon curd.Thanks for these!:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friends...
    Coffee:
    Thank u..

    Chemcookit:
    Thank u so much for ur comments...

    Santhi:
    Yes they did....Thank u..

    Asha:
    So try it....And let me know...Thank u..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! looks amazing and love the yellow color :) you are quite the baker, aren't you! hope to see many more baked goodies from you, maybe you will have to divide ur time equally bet'n baking & blogging heh!heh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow cookies looks so great.U have lot of patience sukanya...
    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so very beautiful, Sukanya!!!!! I can't stop admiring them...... Lovely pics too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow sukanya
    those lemon glazed cookies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sukanya, the lemon cookies look really good. I am sure with all that lemon they should taste great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous15/6/07

    these cookies look so wonderful, just as you see in those sweet smelling bakeries which are still my fav hunting places

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi...
    Richa:
    I am trying to be one.....Now days I am doing as u have mentioned...Thank u..

    Priar's:
    Thank u...

    Ramya:
    Thank u for ur comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi....
    Swapna Susarla:
    Thank u...

    Indosungod:
    Ya they did....Thank u so much...

    Bhags:
    Welcome to my blog.....Ha Ha Ha...Its my fav too...Thank u..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sukanya, these look scrumptuous! I bet your cookie jar is happy again :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are cool! Superb work :-)The glaze the out line are so neatly done. Can these cookies be made without egg too? I want to try them:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi..
    Cynthia:
    Yes they are......Thank u..

    Archana:
    I have not tried without egg but I have heard from my friends that they taste good without also....... Thank u for ur comments......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful Sukanya!
    Loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow these look fabulous Sukanya, i love the taste of lemon with the freshness great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sugany, sorry for the late comment. Lemon cookies are my favorite. They are perfect and looks so professional. Viji

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi...
    Roopa:
    thank u for ur comments..

    Vcuisine:
    They are my fav too. Thank u...

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online