What’s up…… First of all sorry for taking a uninformed break. How r thing going on?...... Have missed a lot of interesting recipes and events these days.
Actually I was not felling well (very bad cold and fever) this started my break and many things (Guests to my place then had some summer trips) kept me very busy and was not able to sit in front of the system. Thank u to my dear friends who where in touch with me. Once again a big sorry for not informing about the break.
I did try some recipes in this break from my fellow bloggers and some from my cookbook collections too, but didn’t find time to click them…
This Vegetable Sweet Corn Soup is a very simple soup, suitable for all occasion. This soup can be turned out easily into a huge quantity. This soup was from one of my favorite south Indian chef Mr. Damodaran head of the MGR Catering College, Chennai. I got this recipe from one of his TV show. I tried this immediately after I saw his show, from that time it became my favorite soup ever. This is a vegetarian soup, but the same recipe can be turned easily into Egg Drop Sweet Corn Soup or Chicken Sweet Corn Soup. I have tried both the version, they tastes equally good.
Onion – 1 big
Cabbage – ½ cup Shredded
Carrot – ¼ cup cubed
Beans – ¼ cup Diced
Capsicum – ¼ cup diced
Spring onions - few
Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
Water – around 10cups
Fresh Corn Kernels – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Ajinomoto – ½ teaspoon
Corn flour – 2 to 3 tablespoon
Butter – 2 tablespoon
1. Heat butter in a deep sauce pot. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for few seconds then drop the finely diced onions to it and cook for 2 minutes.
2. In the meanwhile grind the fresh corn kernels into a fine paste and add it to the sauce pot.
3. Now add the vegetables and sauté it for few seconds till the vegetables are soft.
4. Add water, salt, pepper, ajinomoto and bring it up to a boil.
5. Mix corn flour with ¼ cup of water and pour it to the soup. Boil for 2 minutes.
6. Finally add sugar and sprinkle with green onions and fresh corn kernels and serve it hot.