Shrimp Cutlet

This is a perfect snack for any type of party. Got this recipe from a old cook book. I have made a miniature version of a shrimp cutlet; this can be made as a big size or a jumbo size cutlet also.

I have added curry powder extra to the original recipe. I think curry powder make a lot of difference in this cutlet. This cutlet recipe became our family’s favorite right away when first tried. I follow the same recipe for making fish cutlet also, will post it soon.

I always like to deep fry my cutlets bcoz, I feel that deep frying absorb less oil then shallow frying, this may sound weird but I feel so…..








Ingredients :



Fresh shrimp – 10 (big)
Onions – 1 medium
Green chillies – 2
Potatoes – 1 medium
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Chille powder – ¼ teaspoon
Coriander powder – ½ teaspoon
Curry powder – 1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves – ½ handful
Egg – 1
Bread Crumbs – ½ cup
Salt as required
Oil for deep frying





Procedure :


1. Cook the shrimp with some salt and turmeric powder. Cook potatoes and mash it and set it aside.

2. Add oil in a pan and fennel seeds let is turn golden brown, then add minced onions and green chillies and sauté it for 2 minutes.

3. In the meanwhile pulse the cooked shrimp in the food processor. (Don’t make it as a paste).

4. Now add ginger garlic and all other masala powder to the sautéing onions. Fry them until the raw smell of the masala are gone.

5. Then add the finely minced shrimp and sauté till every thing is mixed. Finally add the chopped coriander leaves. Let the mixture cool little bit.

6. Add the mashed potato to the shrimp mixture and knead it well and check for salt. Then make it to desired shape (I have made small balls).




7. Spread bread crumbed in one plate and beat the egg in another plate. Season both the egg and bread crumbs if needed.

8. Heat oil in a pan. Take one shrimp ball and dip it into the egg and then roll it on the bread crumbs until coated fully. Then deep fry it in the oil until they are golden brown. It will take only 2 minutes.

21 comments:

  1. I don't know i feel the same deep fry suck less oil than shallow one! My mom makes it with all seafood cutlet curry powder should be a great twist to the cutlet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sukanya, you have been tagged :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...u r tempting me with shrimp cutlet..yummy they r...Wonderful clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love shrimp, the cutlet looks delicious. Will give this a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree, excelent with drinks, if you serve this it is sure going to be a hit with the guest

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect cutlets!My mil does this. i haven't made them though...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw an awesome shrimp curry recipe from Indranee's blog, and now discovered your shrimp cutlet recipe! You are making me hungry now.. :) those cutlets look perfectly crisp and yummy! I'll try it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutlet looks so crispy Sukanya..Tempting to make at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  10. this one's look so crispy on the outside......how did you manage that

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious crispy Sukanya..very tempting, I shallow fry them. Have to try your version with curry powder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks awesome...nice presented nd mouthwatering snack..gud entry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never had shrimp cutlet, and my mouth is watering! I just love your pictures and the shrimp cutlets are looking so perfect, such a lovely brown :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cutlet looks yummy...the texture is perfect ...gud one and Wish you Happy Dusshera

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Dusshera to You and Your Family Sukanya!!!!

    Cutlet looks gr8..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look cute... but sea food is not in my diet... :(
    Very nice pics though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love shrimp in all its form ...yummy looking cutlets

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband make crab cakes and shrimp cutlets... I dont like deep frying so I pretty much avoid doing it after seeing your cutlet I lost all my resisting power...

    ReplyDelete
  19. great idea they look so nice being bite sized ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. new one to me..but delicious all the same..

    ReplyDelete
  21. shrimp cutlet hmmm yummy !!!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online