Hyderabad Double Ka Meetha

Happy new year to all my friends!!!!!


Nice to start blogging after a break…. Had a wonderful time in India…. A lot of shopping, traveling and food. Was back 2 weeks before. My little one is getting settled slowly, he is missing Chennai a lot….

I am starting this new year with a sweet. The Hyderabad special double ka meetha, this is my version of double ka meetha. Tried to cut down some calories. I have toasted the bread with some ghee instead of deep frying. And for the milk mixture I have used the fat free milk.


Ingredients : 

White bread - 5 slices
Ghee - 2 teaspoon
Dry fruits and nuts - ¼ cup (I have used almonds, cranberries)

For Milk mixture:
Fat free milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 3 teaspoons
Cardamom powder - ½ teaspoon
Saffron - 1 heavy pinch

For Sugar syrup:
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - ½ cup
Cardamom powder - ½ teaspoon

Procedure : 


Boil sugar and water together until a sticky consistency is formed. (just before one sting consistency)

Remove the crust and spread ghee on both sides of the bread and toast the slices until golden brown and set is aside.(optionally, bread can be deep fried in ghee ). Fry the dried fruits and nuts with some ghee as well.

In the mean while heat milk in a pot and reduce it until ¾ of its volume. Now add the saffron and sugar and boil for 2 minutes and finally add the cardamom powder and set it aside.

Now finally assembling the dessert. Dip the bread slices into the sugar syrup and assemble it on a wide plate. Sprinkle the fried fruits and nuts on the top. Now pour the milk mixture over these fried bread pieces. (I have garnished with some raw finely chopped pistachios and sliced almonds).

You may also like my:

   kalakand          Sheerannam          Carrot Halwa          Arisi Payasam

15 comments:

  1. My fav one..looks too good and tempting...Wish U Happy New YEar Sukanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for sharing this yummy... I was at a look out for it..... I love this yummy & divine prep... Well prepared & presented too.... On the whole awesomest captures delivering a visual taste of your awesome prep..... Happiness & love to u this new year..... Great to have u back & posting..... Hugs))))

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/1/11

    yum.. the Double Ka Meetha looks truly rich and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and ur family a happy and prosperous new year...Gorgeous and droolworthy double ka meetha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I am drooling all over it, I recently learnt to make it and had it for myself and love since then. I have started making it at every option I get, lol. Love your presentation !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u Pavithra, Priya, Asha and Priya for ur comments......

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one amazing, beautiful and delicious looking plate of double ka meetha :)
    Have a great n prosperous 2011!!


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy...Wishing you a lovely year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks so tempting and yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank u friends for ur comments....

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this dessert looks so tempting..yummmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My all time favorite,simple to make yet rich in taste! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wishing u n your family a happy new year.Happy to see u back.Sweet looks yummy n like to grab the platter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey,

    That looks absoultely amazing..Happy new year dear!!:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sukanya...

    All ur recipes are looking too good. I like very much. This is the first time i come to ur blog. Its realy very nice. Wish u all the best.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online