Basmati rice – half cooked – 1 cup
Milk – 3 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Condensed milk – 3 tablespoons (optional)
Saffron – few
Cardamom powder – ¼ teaspoon
Chopped nuts as desired (I have used almonds)
Ghee – 2 tablespoons
1. Cook the rice, make sure that the rice is only half cooked.
2. Boil the milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
3. Now add the half cooked rice to the boiling milk and cook until the rice is soft.
4. In the mean while, soak the saffron in 1 tabspn of milk and add that mixture to the sauce pan.
5. Heat ghee in a small pan and fry the chopped nuts.
6. After the rice is cooked softly in the milk and the milk is reduced to half, add the sugar, ghee with nuts and cardamom powder and condensed milk. (sugar can be added or reduced as our wish)
7. Now it can be mixed well and decorated with some chopped nuts and saffron and can be served hot or cold.