Mango ice cream which I have made is with an electric hand mixer. This is equally creamy one as made in an ice cream maker. I whip heavy cream and mix the mango puree and freeze it and then whip it again and return it to the freezer and repeat this step for a couple of times.
Mango Delight is an ice cream which I had in one of the ice cream parlor near my place. I had a strawberry ice cream mixed with yellow cake and drizzled with honey and mixed with nuts. This was a main inspiration for my MANGO DELIGHT. Any tropical fruit marry with chocolate very nicely. So I decide to make this dessert.
This is my contribution to AFAM – mango for this month.
For Mango Ice Cream:
Mango Puree – ½ cup
Heavy whipping cream – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup (can be reduced or increased)
Vanilla flavor – 1 teaspoon
1. Cut the mangoes into cubes and puree it or a store bought one can be used.
2. Whip the cream in an electric hand mixer until a stiff peak is formed. Mixing the sugar in between the process.
3. Now fold in the mango puree and vanilla into the whipped cream. Do not over work on it.
4. Now keep the mixture in the freezer.
5. After one hour remove it and beat it for 5 mins, it will become soft again. Keep it in the freezer.
6. Repeat the same process for 3 times. (That is point 5)
For Chocolate Cake:
We can use the box mix of chocolate devil cake or my version of chocolate cake is in Chocolate Dream.
Avoid the frosting recipe.
For Mango Delight:
Mango Ice cream – 1 scoop
Chocolate cake – 1 piece
Chocolate chips – ¼ cup
Little Chocolate syrup for drizzling.
1. Keep a bowl in a freezer for 1 hour.
2. Crumble the cake into very small pieces.
3. Take the bowl from the freezer and in that bowl mix the ice cream, cake and chocolate chips and return it to the freezer.
4. And scoop it to the serving bowl and drizzle it with chocolate syrup.