Crab masala was one of the most preferred seafood for me. Two weeks back fortunately I found some small stone crab claws in my grocery store, so immediately bought some home. They were so fresh and tasted great.
This is my contribution for this month’s food blog event - Fishing trip conducted by Jeena of Jeena's Kitchen.
Cleaned Crabs – 1 lb
Green Chilies – 4 to 5
Onions – 1 large
Tomato – 1 small
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 4 pods
Chili powder – ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
Grated Coconut – ½ cup
Coriander leaves – few
Mustard – ¼ teaspoon
Urad dal – ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves - 10
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the green chilies and fry them for few seconds. (be careful they can pop out from pan).
2. Then add the onions and tomato let it sauté it for few seconds and then add the ginger garlic and sauté till the raw smell is gone. Let it cool and grind it to a fine paste.
3. Then in the same pan add some oil and do the tempering with the above ingredients. Then add the ground mixture followed by the cleaned crab pieces.
4. Now add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1 cup of water and stir it well, close the pan and allow the crab to cook. The crab will change the color when it is cooked.
5. In the meanwhile grind the coconut to a fine paste with some water and set it aside.
6. When the crab is cooked and the gravy come to a needed consistency, add the coconut paste and stir well. ( after adding the coconut it is not advisable to cook for a long time) Before removing form heat add the chopped coriander leaves and serve it with hot rice…..