All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking soda – 1 ½ teaspoon
Plain yogurt - 1 cup
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Milk - 3/4 cup
Unsalted butter, melted - 2 tablespoons
Egg whites - 3
Salt – 1 pinch
Vegetable oil for iron skillet
Strawberry cut into quarters – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Water – ½ cup
Lemon zest – 1 teaspoon
1. Heat a non stick pan over low heat to warm up for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, pinch of salt.
3. In another bowl combine the yogurt, vanilla and milk.
4. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Lightly fold in the melted
5. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
6. Gently fold in the egg whites.
7. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the skillet and add 1 spoon of batter to the pan, spreading the batter to form even 2-inch pancakes.
8. Cook until bubbles cover the surface, flip and cook until golden underneath, about 30-40 seconds.
9. Continue with the remaining batter. Serve immediately with butter and sauce.
1. In a heavy bottom pan add sugar and water, bring it to boil.
2. Then add the strawberries and boil the mixture until a sauce is formed.
3. This can be served hot.
Handy Tips :
Sauce can be thin or thick according to our wish. If we want a thick sauce boil it for a long time or we can add corn starch while it is boiling.