A strata is an Italian dessert and strawberry can be replaced with any other berry or a mixture of berry can be used. Inspiration of this dish is from one of my favorite program in food network. This can be server hot or cold….
So my first contribution for MONTHLY MINGLE is Strawberry strata. I thought that these strawberry strata will perfectly suit this month’s theme “SPRING IS IN THE AIR”.
I bake this Strawberry strata whenever i find fresh strawberry in the farm fresh market. Fresh strawberry are found form the spring season though the entire summer. This is one of my family's favorite fruit desert which i bake often.....
Cream cheese - 4 ounces (about 1/2 cup)
Ricotta cheese - 4 ounces (about 1/2 cup)
Eggs - 5
Milk - 1 ½ cup
Strawberries – 1 cup (quartered)
Honey - 1/2 cup
Cardamompowder - 1 teaspoon
Nutmeg powder – 1 teaspoon
Bread cubes – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 tablespoon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1. Bring all the ingredients to room temperature.
2. Toss the strawberry with sugar.
3. Place the cheeses in a large bowl and stir together.
4. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until completely incorporated before adding the next.
5. Now stir in the milk, strawberries, honey, cinnamon, and bread.
6. Pour into an 8 by 10 by 2-inch casserole dish.
7. Cover the dish with foil. Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes.
8. Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Remove the foil and continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes. Until the surface is golden brown.