I have made a orange version of it. Commonly in pound cake lemon is used but I have made it with orange. And to make it more orangeeee I serve it with orange cheese. When ever I bake pound cake I will make some extra because many desserts can be made form pound cake.
This is my contribution to AFAM - Orange... Sharmi of Neivedyam.... is hosting this month's event....All the best Sharmi
Orange Pound Cake:
Butter - 1/2 cup(1 stick)
All-purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Granulated sugar - 1 cup
Large eggs - 3
Fresh orange juice - 1 tablespoon
Orange zest - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Orange Cream Cheese:
Cream cheese - 1/4 cup
Butter - 1 tablespoon
Orange zest - 1 teaspoon
Orange juice - 1 teaspoon
Powder sugar - 1/4 cup
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
1. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 3-inch loaf pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl, and set aside.
3. Combine butter and the sugar in the bowl of a mixer and mix it on high speed. Now add the eggs 1 at a time and mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl, beating on low speed, and scraping the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the orange juice, zest, and vanilla, and beat until just incorporated.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the cake has risen, is golden brown on top, and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
7. For orange cheese: Mix the cream cheese, butter, Orange zest, orange juice and the powder sugar. Beat it until smooth.