I have made puttu out of it...This is one of my favorite sweet...I learned this recipe from my grandma...She makes this for me every time I visit her house... I thought i am going to miss this puttu after coming to US...But luckily now days i am able to find this Tapioca in the shops and i started to make this puttu.
I grate the Tapioca and coconut..Then steam the Tapioca until it is cooked and then mix in the coconut, sugar and cardamon powder...
I made this puttu last weekend and I thought it will be the best recipe for Nupar's A to Z of Indian Vegetables event for "T". So Topioca Puttu
is my contribution for the letter "T" ..
Tapioca - 1 lb
Coconut - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup or according to taste
Cardamom powder - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Peal the skin and grate the tapioca.
2. Tie the grated tapioca in wet cloth and steam until it is cooked (About 10 to 15 mins)
3. Once it is cooked remove from the cloth and bring to a large bowl and mix the sugar while it is still worm.
4. Now mix the grated coconut and cardamom powder.
5. It can be served hot or at room temperature.