Carrot Halwa

Carrot halwa is one of the traditional sweet in Punjab cuisine....Popularly known as "gajar halwa"... They are simple and Delicious....
Carrots are most healthiest vegetable....



Carrot halwa is one of my favorite dessert.....This can be made in both stove top and as well as in the microwave.....The only difference is it cooks fast in microwave... So I love making it....If I have any unexpected guest to my house.....The only dessert I make is carrot halwa, as all the ingredients are available in my pantry and refrigerator.....



I cook the carrots with milk in the microwave with some flavoring and then add milkmaid to it. How simple is this............Can't go wrong with it..... The same thing can be done in stove top also......




Well this is my contribution to RCI - PUNJAB.... Richa of As Dear As Salt .... is hosting this month's event....All the best Richa.......

Ingredients :



Carrot - 2 cups grated
Milk - 1/2 cup
Condensed Milk - 1 cup
Cardamom - 1 tablespoon
Saffron - Few pinches
Ghee - 2 tablespoon
Toasted nuts - few for garnish( I used almonds)

Procedure :


1. Place the grated carrots and ghee in a heavy microwavable dish and keep it in high for few mins.

2. Now add milk, saffron and cardamom powder to the bowl and cook(in microwave) the carrots until done and all the milk is absorbed (if needed more milk can be added until the carrot is cooked).

3. Now add the condensed milk and cook(in microwave) until the mixture is thickened.

4. Now garnish with toasted almonds.

37 comments:

  1. I made a flour & raisin halwa twice this week :) got to try your carrot version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do try it.....I am sure u will like it.....Thank u.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice entry. Never tried making it in the micro, will try it next time :)
    Halwa is my favorite, and your halwa is tempting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color Sukanya.Loved the presentation too.Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friends....

    Archana:
    Do try it in micro....It will save u a lot of time......Thank u...

    Asha:
    Thank u...

    ReplyDelete
  6. gajar halwa looks delicious with that lovely presentation. you made it so simple with the microwave cooking :)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u Richa.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gajar Halwa looks yummy and very much inviting .I wish i could have one of the spoons .I have the MEME game going on..I have tagged you ...check it out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya sure I will see to it....Thank u...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sukanya ..nice recipe and very easy too! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi neelam......Thank u....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous18/7/07

    looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow what a color i am drooling....nice presentation

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi sukanya,
    carrot halwa looks delicious.next time will try ur microwave recipe.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummilicious....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi friends....

    Tara bethune-leamen:
    Welcome to my blog......Thanks for ur comments...

    Roopa:
    Thank u....

    Prajusha:
    Do try it and let me know....Thank u....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sia.....
    I love that word.....Thank u...

    ReplyDelete
  18. sukanya ...about the MEME stuff ..You have to just mention 7 things about your self to all our friend .....Tag some more friends after you have mentioned your's

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ya I got it Deep......Thank u so much for ur reply..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gajar Halwa, looks very tempting and delicious. The presentation is too good!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi cinnamon....Welcome to my blog....Thank u...

    ReplyDelete
  22. my favorite- and this is such a quick, simple yet delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous18/7/07

    Never seen in dish before...I learnt something new today :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey,
    you have been tagged.
    www.lajawaab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Priyanka:
    Thank u......for tagging me....

    Tigerfish:
    Try and see .....u will like it...

    ReplyDelete
  26. sukanya... your gajrela, as they call it in punjabi, looks so yummylicious....!!! didnt kno microwaving it makes it so good, mine was too dry, ive bookmarked to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous19/7/07

    Love the photos. I want to pull out those spoons and gulp the halwa. I am not a big fan of this sweet but my mouth is watering looking at those photos. Will have to try once atleast to taste this delicious one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi friends...
    Dumela:
    Welcome to my blog....Try it and let me know....Thank u

    Hima:
    Do try it...Thank u....

    ReplyDelete
  29. my mom makes it this way. I dont add milk. nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice presentation and love that colour of the halwa. I haven't tried carrot halwa in microwave. sounds easy and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful entry for the event....very tempting colour &presentation...hmmmyummy mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi friends...
    Sharmi:
    Thank u...

    Prema Sundar:
    Do try it in microwave.....its easy.. Thank u..

    Usha:
    Thank u....

    ReplyDelete
  33. easy looking halwa.. halwa for me loooong hrs laboring over the flame to concentrate it.. i will definitely try ur way.

    ReplyDelete
  34. How much time did it take you to MW it?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the way you presented Sukanya. Viji

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi friends:
    Mallugril:
    Do try it....Thank u...

    Jyothsna:
    All together I did it in 15 to 20 mins...

    Vcuisine:
    Thank u viji

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous20/5/10

    great quick recipe...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online