Apples are crisp, white-fleshed fruits with red, yellow or green skin. They range in taste from moderately sweet and refreshing to pleasantly tart depending on the variety.
Pancakes are a type of flat bread prepared from a sweet batter that is cooked on a hot griddle or in a oven. They can be made in different shapes. Pancakes are cooked one side at a time and flipped halfway through the cooking process to cook the other side of the pancake
Spicy Apple Pancake:
I call my pancakes spicy apple pancake because i mix cardamom and cinnamon powder. As we all know that apple and cinnamon marry very nicely together i used cinnamon with apple and i love cardamom in any sweet dish, so i used both of them in my pancake and so i named them as spicy apple pancake.
As apple is this month's pick for AFAM event! My contribution is "SPICY APPLE PANCAKE WITH APPLE SAUCE"
Granny smith apple – ½ cup (pealed and diced)
All-purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking powder – 2 teaspoon
Milk - 1 cup
Egg whites - 1
Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
Cardamom powder - 1 teaspoon
Sugar - tablespoon
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
Unsalted butter, melted - 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 pinch
Butter for brushing the iron skillet
Big cookie cutter (I have used heart shaped cutter)
Apple Juice - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Cornstarch - 2 tablespoons
Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoons
Butter - 1/4 cup
1. Heat a non stick pan over low heat to warm up for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, pinch of salt.
3. In another bowl combine the egg, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and milk.
4. Stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
5. Lightly fold in the melted butter.
6. Brush the butter on the skillet and add ¼ cup of batter to the pan, spreading the batter to form even 2-inch pancakes.
7. Cook until bubbles cover the surface.
8. Sprinkle some diced apple on the pancake.
9. Flip and cook until golden underneath, about 30-40 seconds.
10. Continue with the remaining batter.
11. Mean while cut the pancake to desired shape using a big cookie cutter. (I have used heat shaped cutter)
12. Serve immediately with whipped cream and sauce.
Apple Sauce :
1. In a heavy bottom pan add sugar and apple juice, bring it to boil.
2. Then add cornstarch and stir it until desired thickness.
3. Then add lime juice and butter and mix it well.
Handy Tips :
Sauce can be thin or thick according to our wish. If we want a thick sauce boil it for a long time.