This is a very simple and easy rice recipe. I Make it all time with or with out mushrooms. I serve this for lunch as well as for dinner. They are so filling and satisfying. And another happy thing about this pulav is that they can be increased in volume to any extend.
For the Non - Vegetarian version of this biryani, add Shrimp to the biryani it tastes great. Love this recipe so much. And the recipe source is my Mom. This is one of her best recipes.
I am planing to send this recipe to Rice Varieties Event ...... Easy craft of Simple Indian food is hosting this months events. Good luck!!….
Mushroom – 1 cup sliced
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Potato – 1 big cubed
Peas – ¼ cup
Carrot – ¼ cup cubed
Green Beans – ¼ cup cubed
Onions – 1 big cubed
Tomato – 1 small cubed
Green Chilies – 2 sliced
Mint leaves – 1 handful
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1 cup
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
Butter – 2 tablespoon
Whole Garam Masalas, 4 mint leaves and ½ hand full of coriander leaves
This is a pressure cooker procedure.
1. Melt butter in the pressure cooker and then add the tempering items one by one.
2. Then add the onions and green chilies and sauté it for few minutes, Then add the tomatoes and all the veggies with ginger garlic pastes and sauté it for few minutes or until the veggies are little soft.
3. Then add the mint leaves, salt, chili powder, garam masala and sauté for few minutes and then add the soaked rice without water, then add the water and coconut milk and stir it for a few minutes then finally add the lemon juice and close the cooker and allow it to whistle once. Then remove the cooker from the heat immediately.
JZ of Tasty treats Have tagged me for this MEME. Thank u dear....
1. Last movie u saw in a theater?
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Today evening going to Dasavatharam(Tamil movie)
2. What book are u reading?
All types of cookbooks and cake decorating techniques books.
3. Favorite board game?
Chess, Carrom, All games with a pack of cards and chinese checker.
4. Favorite magazine?
Bon appetite and many food mag...
5. Favorite smells?
Sandal, Lavender and Pineapple
6. Favorite sounds?
The baby’s laugh sound that comes as the mobile ring tone.
7. Worst feeling in the world?
When my loved ones avoids me in any satiation..
8. What is the first thing you think of when u wake?
Is it morning 6 o’ clock so soon? Can anyone cook and clean the house for me!(I am so lazy)
9. Favorite fast food place?
Gyros, Sandwiches and cinnamon rolls.
10. Future child's name?
11. Finish this statement—'If I had a lot of money I’d....’
I will provide food for all the hungry peoples.
12. Do u drive fast?
Now only I have started to learn driving.
13. Do u sleep with a stuffed animal?
No, I am allergic to stuff dolls.
14. Storms–cool or scary?
Storms are scary for me.
15. What was your first car?
None till now!
16. Favorite drink?
Fresh squeeze orange juice, cold coffee and milk shakes.
17. Finish this statement - If I had the time I would…
Would try baking and decorating some cake or try new recipes.....
18. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
19. If you could dye your hair any other color, what would be your choice?
Maroon shade that most of the south Indian actress do.
20. Name all the different cities/towns u have lived in?
Chennai, Schaumburg(IL), Racine(WI), Milwaukee(WI)
21. Favorite sports to watch?
22. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
JZ is a new and nice friend of mine through the blog. She is a very puff up girl. She inspires me a lot in her recipe presentation.
23. Whats under your bed?
24. Would u like to be born as yourself again?
25. Morning person or night owl?
Always morning person…..
26. Over easy or sunny side up?
27. Favorite place to relax?
Sitting on the beach side and see the weaves!
28. Favorite pie?
29. Favorite ice cream flavor?
30. Of all the people u have tagged, who is the most likely to respond first?
Thanks for reading abt me......To know more abt some of my friends I would like to tag:
Cham of Spice-club
Uma of Essence Of Andhra
Kamala of Moms Recipes
Sujatha of Indulge in South Indian Home Style Cooking
Kalai of Samaithu paarkalaam
This is purely of ur choice to participate in this MEME my friends. I u have been tagged already please ignore it.