Cheese Garlic Bread

Who wouldn’t like warm garlic bread? Absolutely my favorite. There are many ways to make one. This is my way of making garlic bread.


Photobucket


I love to add cheese to my garlic bread. This is a perfect snack for evening tea. Kids love this lot. This is a perfect accompaniment for soups. I always make this for soups, without cheese.

The one main good thing in home made garlic bread is that, the amount of butter and olive oil can be controlled by me. Butter can be reduced to cut the calories or fat intake.

Ingredients :



French loaf bread – 1 loaf
Garlic – 5 cloves (minced)
Shredded mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
Butter – ½ stick
Olive oil – ¼ cup
Dried Oregano – ½ teaspoon
Dried Basil – ½ teaspoon
Salt and Pepper

Procedure :


Combine garlic, butter, and oil in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over moderate-low heat for 5 minutes.

Now add oregano and basil and mix it well. Remove from heat.


Slice the French loaf in an diagonal and arrange it on a sheet pan. Brush the garlic and butter mixture liberally on the sliced bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.


Toast it in a 350 degree oven for 5 mins or till light golden color.

Photobucket


Remove from oven and sprinkle the bread with cheese and return it to the oven, changing the settings to broil and broil for 5 minutes or till the cheese is melted and golden brown.

28 comments:

  1. I love them,In blore we use to get similar cheesy garlic bread,now I make them here in US.Very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm they are a great starter :) Good one

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome... we can keep munching on this forever.. i also make it but i don't put cheese.. this is a nice twist to the regular garlic bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheese garlic bread looks divine sukanya:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. really tempting.. what a colour... sounds delicious.. great click dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicioussssssss Garlic bread..am a great fan of garlic breads..love them like anything..drooling on ur bread..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew i would love the when i readthe tile and i was not wrong, they look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy Garlic bread Sukanya...I can never have enough of it..I make it in a similar way..I can vouch for the taste...absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely right, this is a favorite in our house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you on putting cheese on garlic bread...looks so scrumptious....yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Garlic bread looks so delicious Sukanya! Will try with cheese next time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this..I used to make this almost twice a week just as a snack..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks nice and cheesy. I make a poorer version of this sans the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cheese on the top which just turned brown surely must have complemented the bread's garlic flavor..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sukanya
    These garlic breads are a favorite at my place... Yours look lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  16. the pics are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,thank u very much for ur cute comments,cheese garlic bread looks yummy and tempting...can i have one

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love garlic bread..the flavour of cheese and garlic in bread so divine..Sukanya.

    ReplyDelete
  19. so delicious..I simply love these!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh, the bread looks so good sukanya! delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. mmm.I can smell the garlic.
    I have an award waiting for you at my blog,please collect:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Garlic bread looks awesome Sukanya! One of my favorites.. I have a similar recipe posted in my blog too.. I will try your way next time! :)

    Happy Deepavali to you and your family Sukanya!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just dropped by to wish you and your family a very happy Diwali

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing you and your family a happy diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sukanya..Wish you a very Happy Diwali

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cheesy Garlic bread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  27. my hubby and myself love cheese garlic bread.looking yummy..........

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous9/1/12

    sukanya so cheesy and lovely

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online