I am back after a short break. How thing are going?. Hope u people are having a great time. I have missed many of my fellow bloggers interesting and creative recipes. Will have a quick look at them for sure.......
And in this break another interesting event happened, I met one of my blog friend, Kamala of "Moms Recipes" at my friends place.......Isn't it interesting.... It was so happy to meet her. We all had a great time.
This is a nice recipe for vegetarian friends. I made this for one of my best friend who is a pure vegetarian. This is a dense and moist muffin. The banana makes the muffins so moist and soft and the crunchiness from the walnuts make a perfect contrast in texture. I got this recipe from Saffron Hut's blog. I really have to thank her for this brilliant recipe. I have modified the recipe little bit by adding raw sugar instead of regular granulated sugar as i want to make it this muffin more of a vegetarian one.
Ripe bananas – 8(large) or 9(medium)
Raw sugar – 2 cups or regular granulated sugar – 1 ½ cups
Butter – 2/3 cup
Baking soda – 2 teaspoon
Baking powder – 2 teaspoon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
All purpose flour – 3 cups
Walnuts, chopped – 1 cup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Mash the bananas well and set it aside. (almost like a pure)
2. Sieve the flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar. Beat them well for at least 2 minutes.
4. Now add the mashed banana to the butter mixture and whip it until mixed.
5. Next add the four in 3 batches, little by little and mix it with the banana mixture. Do not over mix it after adding the flour.
6. Then fold in the chopped walnuts into the batter and fill the lined muffin cups to ¾ the way. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
This will yield 24 large muffins